As much as I like science, this is more of pure and simple uncommonly practiced common sense.
Understand this from a scientific perspective first: aging is cell division. It’s normal.
Increased lifestyle stress (smoking, lack of physical activity, obesity, stress, exposure to pollution, etc.) can and will potentially increase the pace of aging. Here is the associated science.
So, don’t worry, be happy and live a longer, fuller life, right!?
OH, if it were only so easy!
Here’s some ideas that will help your cells divide at a much slower (chill out) kinda rate:
1. Exercise – but do something new, something you could fall in love with doing for the sake of doing, so it’s no longer, “I have to go exercise.”
2. Appreciate kids. Hang around them without judgment. Go to parks and watch kids play with no care other than the present moment of FUN. Don’t be the creepy person on the park bench though, maybe see if you have a friend that has kids you can take to the park if you don’t have your own kids. 😉
3. Drink lots of clean water. Half your body weight in ounces, daily. Don’t tell me you don’t like the “taste” of water. If so, try different filtration systems until you do like the taste of water.
4. Eat moderately and mostly stuff that grows, rather than stuff that’s been chemically tinkered with. Veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, oh, there are so many good diets to follow…follow your gut, what looks interesting and captivates you?
5. Laugh more. Hang around people that uplift you, that you notice when they leave, you realize you feel better having spent time with them. See how they interact and become determined to be someone that can do the same for others.
6. Volunteer and help others. I know I need to get better at this one, and the times I have volunteered, I always enjoy the experience of serving others.
7. Deepen your faith – your connection to a higher power. You’ll know it’s authentic when you find yourself dreaming big dreams more than fearing and worrying over trivial matters.
8. Get some chiropractic care. Chiropractic never was intended to be a treatment for “back pain.” It works for that and has become EASY $$ to promote that to a population full of back pain, but it’s WAY MORE. Chiropractic works with your nerve system and each time you get adjusted it balances your immunity, gets you out of a fight-flight state (drops cortisol – stress hormone), increases your learning, attention and memory, improves your balance and coordination, and improves your digestion.
9. Change your lifestyle with BABY STEPS. Improve each realm of life: physical/mental/career/family/financial/social/ realistically with minor modifications. And commit to constant and never-ending improvement.
10. Learn to let go of regrets and resentments and BUILD YOURSELF UP MORE OFTEN. Self-talk your way to success by saying short phrases like, “I’ve got this, I have what it takes, I am capable, I am a genius, I love my life, I am blessed, I see abundance, I love this life experience, I am grateful.” (It may feel like you are lying at first, but over time you are conditioning your brain to see a different reality that does truly exist…and its way more fun!)
Leave a Reply